View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 06:37 AM

Default Re: 2007-08 North Carolina Tar Heels Basketball (San Antonio Here We C

What a gutsy performance by the team. I mentioned in the first post of this thread that we had 3 PGs and this game illustrated this fact. With Lawson going down before the first TV timeout it was critical to have experienced PGs behind them. QT and Frasor didn't play lights out but they were able to keep the offense plugging along. The team only had 10 TOs in the game.

I thought Ginyard was the key player tonight. Roy put Ginyard on Tavernnari (#45 for B.Y.U.) in the 2nd half and his offense dried up. Green was huge with 3 steals and 14 points. Stepheson keeps on impressing with 9 boards, 2 assists and 0 TOs. He battled hard inside all night.

I managed to snag a 2nd row seat behind the basket opposite the UNC bench. I was riding Plaisted (#44 for B.Y.U.) the entire 2nd half. Whenever he came in the paint I yelled, "watch the elbows #44, quit fouling #44, I'm watching you." I did this the entire half. I'm like 20 feet from him so he hears me the entire time. With about 50 seconds left I'm yelling at him during a side out and he looks over at me with this wearied look on his face. I was half expecting to see my name in the box score for my efforts. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I saw Eddie Murray (ex Baltimore Oriole) and Jerry Tarkanian during the game.

Here are some pictures I took. I would have much more but my battery died before the game.

<u>Here are the cocktail girls I was speaking about</u>

This excerpt is from the AP write up (note the Monroe impersonator was like 60 yrs old, lol, only in Vegas ... the girl in the middle had a crazy tramp stamp with a 4 leaf clover in the middle):

The fans got a splendid Sin City experience during the holiday weekend, complete with the Orleans' heavily tattooed arena waitresses and the Marilyn Monroe impersonator who sang the national anthem.

<u>Psycho T</u>

<u>Lawson warming up</u>

<u>Ellington tunes up the long range jumper</u>

<u>Frasor works on the jumper</u>

<u>The back of Dickie V's bald head</u>