View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 11:52 PM

Default Re: \"major in anything and go to law school\"

I'm a junior in college and really have no idea what I want to do postgrad. I have a 2.96 at Duke majoring in economics. Many of my peers have told me that I would do well on the LSAT, including those that are studying for it (obviously the only ones that really matter). My only experience with the test is taking one section of a practice test after a friend asked me for help on a question. I missed one question within the time limit. In general, I test extremely well; this is magnified on standardized tests.

I have thought about law school in the past and even thought about being a lawyer. I don't have a great work ethic which would seem to be a necessity, but do get very attached to things I find interesting, including specific classes. How did you guys that attended/are attending law school decide that this is what you want to do? How long do I have until I need to make up my mind on taking the LSAT? I'm really looking for advice as to why you guys have chosen this route and to become lawyers since I have no idea what I want to do after college.