View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 09:14 AM

Default Angelo: Fastrolling

Surprisingly, I thought this article was pretty weak. I've heard great things about Angelo, but this one didn't impress. Most of it was pretty obvious, except for the stuff I didn't agree with :-) I would rather have heard of interesting ways to be polite and still get information, and ways to avoid being "angle shot".

For example, your opponent says he has some hand that you beat. You show, he mucks. You missed a great opportunity to find out if he was lying, and how he looks when he lies.

There was a 2+2 post not long ago in B&M where villain said "Kings", then proceeded to show his cards, but the bottom card was directly behind the top card and couldn't be seen. He was waiting for our hero to muck, since hero couldn't beat kings. But hero waited him out, asked the dealer to make villain show both, and villain reluctantly showed his other card - a T. Hero finally tabled JJ and won, noting the angle shoot.

Sure you could have tabled your cards, but you'd have missed this great opportunity. Even if you tabled your cards after he said kings instead of before, you'd still not see what he was bluffing with.

No, I don't think Tommy's article in this case addressed the meta game issues very well at all. I'd much prefer to see some interesting techniques for getting more information while at the same time not looking like a slowrolling D-bag.