View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 11:54 PM

Default Re: Another question on player preferences.

A story from personal experience as why I f'in HATE HATE HATE betting lines. They are designed to make you bet what you didn't want to and not allow you to bet what you wanted to.

I'm playing at GVR and I'm in the 1 seat on a NL game. I announce "bet 35" and then reach over the line and the dealer says "everything in your hand is now a bet". Ok, I'm like...wtf just happened. I ask for a floor 3 times before the dealer just finally huffs at me and calls. The floor says that the "line overules verbal even if the verbal is made before the chips go over the line in my hand". I racked up and have never set foot in the place again.

This BS of "everything in your hand" is a bet stuff is retarded. Most all poker players take out a bunch a then cut /drop what we want to bet. I have no problem with making the player make the minimum action, whether it be a bet of at least the minimum or a call.

Another problem I have is when a player throws say 7 or 8 chips out and a few of them don't clear the line or even land on it. Now there are arguments over how many actually are in play. WTF AGAIN. The player threw them out there,why are they not a bet when it CLEARLY is a bet??? And yes, it's clear they are betting them, it's not some nit uber angle shooter bs angle to test the dealer and players.

In our house we have a line, and it's stricly for courtesy for the dealers to have the players put them chips outwards so we can reach. (The CM thought it'd be a nice design without actually knowing what the lines on poker tables were, and that's another story). Any chips released in front (towards the dealer) of your cards are in play is the rule. And this is also the rule I favor as well as we try to explain it to players when they sit at the table.