View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 07:20 PM

Default Re: 100/200 Ace to Five easy \"I never play this game\" spot

IWTB: first, I never said we were drawing dead (meaning Yosh has a monster) I said we didn't have any outs cuz they are in everyone's hand. I mean we haven't seen an ace or two, and its a 4 way pot, surely not everyone is on the 3456 draw [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

So it can be very possible that we have too weak of a draw to continue, and at the same time Yosh has a mediocre big blind holding that he's pat with that can't stand much heat. I know every time I'm the big blind and pick up a weak, made, unbreakable hand I get a bit of dread as I raise and announce pat. Now add to that the fact that live players actually believe you and snow less often than online players, and this is looking like a good spot IMO.

The fact that you say he will 3 bet a wide range of hands to close out the field tells me you don't have a good pulse on live players (I know you played live a lot this summer, maybe you were playing high enough stakes where guys do this sort of thing?) - just because its correct for Yosh to do what you suggest doesn't make me think he's very likely to do it, he's more likely to call down or fold. I completely agree with you that he should 3 bet before he should call in most cases but I don't think that's what actually happens.

-DeathDonkey