View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 11:06 AM

Default Re: Official October Thread: General Discussion

[ QUOTE ]
would be almost completely useless. Am I wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are wrong but I will tell you more after I get some feedback from the testers.
Here some problems which this can solve :
a)we have AK, got 3bet by range A (say 99+, AQ+, KQs).
If we go all in we got called by QQ+ and AK
If we call he cbets and we check-raise allin he calls with toppair+ and any draw.

We wonder which play is better. The software gives EXACT answer in EV. We can play with parameters at will and see how the results change (change ranges, change bet sizes etc etc).

b)Flop is Q92, opponent range is (22+, Axs, AT+, KT+, QT+, sc, sc1). We can answer the following questions :
-how often he has at least toppair/2nd pair/pair , draw, whatever
-what if we cbet, he plays back , we go allin with top pair + and he calls with 2pair+ and draws, what is EV or that ?
And what about if we have JT and he cbets, we call , he 2nd barrels and we fold if we dont hit, raise if we hit and then he pays with top pair + and fold rest. Etc etc etc.
You can play with all that paremeters and see how the ev's change.

c)You have 65s raise rpeflop, got 3bet by range (99+, AJ+, KQ). Now you wonder what is better : fold or call and checkraise allin with any pair/any draw with the assumption that he always cbets and then go broke with top pair plus.
Or you can assume he cbets all hands but draws which he checks behind and then folds if you bet and he doesnt hit.
Whatever, you can implement ANY strategy and ANY range and see what is EV of taht strategy vs any other strategy.

That are just 3 examples. If you still think its useless I am more than happy to hear your arguments [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]