View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 03:23 AM

Default Re: How do Americans view Europeans?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not all conservatives are hillbilly morons, just as all liberals aren't (<insert random stereotype here&gt

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, they are. Some just don't know it.

Being pro-gigantic unnecessary military is internally inconsistent with a belief in small government.

[/ QUOTE ]

So wait a second, your post about you liking hockey and driving a german car, was that supposed to be ironic? or was that a serious post? Im confused now.

If that was a serious post, you are a huge loser btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

My OP was satirical, but probably in different way than you're thinking. I was trying to point out that asking for a general American viewpoint towards Europeans is a silly question to begin with. For two reasons. First, a general orientation doesn't exist. A huge number of Americans to varying degrees have more in common with your average Western European than with other Americans (secular, bi or multilingual, well-traveled, highly educated, self-aware, etc.) And the ones that don't fit that description don't have opinions beyond American Idol or snackfoods about this subject that are worth hearing. So the whole original question is kind of silly.

The second is that Americans who are radically different from Europeans aren't going to be the kind of people capable of explicating a worthwile thought on the matter of cultural differences. They'll just say things like:

"I like my guns."
"I hate taxes."
"They're all gay."
"Chevys rule!"

[/ QUOTE ]

God, you are an arrogant prick. You Euros, just so you know, most Americans aren't arrogant pricks like this guy.

NCAces