View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 12:05 PM

Default Re: Warren Buffet\'s Stance on Taxes

[ QUOTE ]
For all the people saying the rich aren't taxed nearly enough, and that they should be paying a higher percentage than lower classes, you're disgusting.

[/ QUOTE ]

It never ceases to amaze me how many people feel this way, but at least you are honest enough to state your opinion explicitly. First I want to point out that the first thing you say, "For all the people saying the rich aren't taxed nearly enough" is a strawman, because this typically isn't what 'people are saying' in these type of debates. Believing that the 'status quo' shouldn't be moved in the direction of the very wealthy is not the same as believing that the rich "aren't taxed nearly enough". I can be against Bush's tax cuts and against repealing the estate tax, and not desire massively progressive tax rates.

What I find depressing is how so many people seem to lack any ability to empathize with those less fortunate than themselves, but at the same time seem to have no trouble at all empathizing with the very wealthy, who, let's face it, don't need your empathy.