View Single Post
Old 10-22-2006, 08:38 AM

Default Re: 2/4 Limit O8 hand.

[ QUOTE ]
If you 3-bet before the flop,bet the flop,& then bet the turn,you have overplayed your hand on every street,imo.

[/ QUOTE ]Yes, in a way that is true. I would have limped before the flop with this hand, except when the player immediately in front of Hero makes it two bets, Hero has a chance to get one-on-one with the raiser. I think this is a good hand to be one-on-one and have position.

If I got a peek at the raiser's hand, and saw that he had ace-deuce or ace-trey, I might just fold to the double bet. But my experience is most people who raise before the flop don't really have anything very special. I played in that 6/12 game of yours at the Bike last weekend and that was confirmed by the pre-flop raisers I encountered. They were mostly raising just to intimidate. When they do that, I think you should try to turn it to your advantage. I still want a playable hand, but A3TQ-double-suited certainly qualifies as a playable hand. And then this is certainly a playable flop which should be bet after everyone checks.

It's not ideal, but most hands and boards are not. I think if I simulated this, Hero has a more positive expectation than his opponents (if they have random hands) at every step of the way. If you're somehow in a game where you can't bet this, then I think you should look for a game where you can.

Buzz