View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 02:44 AM

Default Re: donk in EP with strong draw, on turn ?

Not I. Building a pot on the turn when you need 1 of 4 to break even if your draw is even good is not something I generally suggest. Being you have a shot at the nuts however and being 4th to act in a pot already a decent size I might consider reraising the flop.

UTG frequently raises light in these situations. The two blinds passed on a draw heavy flop so they are setting up a check/raise or are out of the hand.

The two after limped because their ranges probably gave them lots of shots considering the odds they had to call.

Facing two bets means that weak bd draws and overcards can be tossed. As well a raise here protects your flush draw value if the board pairs as a K or Q high flush draw may fold if the aggression continues on a missed turn.

(ie they are now sandwiched between flop lead and reraiser and don't want to face two coming back to them if flop lead check/raises the turn)

Q 10 may fold if they don't hold a club if they face two so it protects your non club 8 draw a bit.

All in all the options afforded to you, not to mention the small possibility of winning or stealing the pot without a showdown make the sb reraise a better move than reraising the turn.