View Single Post
Old 01-06-2007, 01:00 AM

Default Re: Bankroll Definition and Recommendation for No-Limit Hold \'em

I keep over 100 buyins for any level I'm willing to play. If I go on a 15 buyin downswing, regardless of how many buyins I have for a given level, I move down. This isn't the way it always was, but it is the way it is, now. Of course, I had the benefit of building up my bankroll through extinct amazing limit games that didn't have much variance but had a very steady earn. So by the time I even started playing, the biggest game I could even play(10 20 on party) i had a bankroll over 200 buyins...I've played higher, but would never make something my main game without 100 buyins lurking in the background. With Party gone, I'm much less inclined to take shots because while the steady stream of income is still there, it's not what it was. There are no signs from my perspective that poker will be what it was, and it's been great enough to me that I'm not going to look a gifthorse in the mouth and play with fire. Most people playing 50 100 with 200-300k bankrolls are kidding themselves, imo. Mostly because the vast majority of these folks won't be able to force themselves to stay away when the bankroll is 100k, and at that point it's just gambling.

James