View Single Post
Old 11-13-2006, 12:00 AM

Default Re: one of those things you think about when tipsy....

[ QUOTE ]
But you're the only one who can have the quads, it's different with sets/trips

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Not everyone differentiates between a "set" and trips. I do because the play differently. I personnally think having a pair in your hand is much better and plays stronger than having only one in your hand. With only one in you hand you can easily have kicker trouble. All I really know is that I lose more money when I have trips than when I have a set. Quads is Quads, I have never lost with them and when I do someday I can only hope I have all my money in the pot and that i am playing at a bad beat table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Point taken. And now, a hand history!

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($9.43)
SB ($0.96)
BB ($3.42)
UTG ($2.03)
MP1 ($2.59)
MP2 ($5.20)
CO ($4.75)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.02, MP1 calls $0.02, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to $0.16</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.64</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls $0.62, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.48.

Flop: ($1.97) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($1.97) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($1.97) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Final Pot: $1.97

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG doesn't show.
MP2 doesn't show.
Hero has Ac Ah (four of a kind, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins $1.97. </font>

This happened earlier tonight. I might have actually made some money if I hadn't been beating the crap out of the table since I sat down. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]