View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 02:12 PM

Default Help me with my roughly 9 month plan for SnG

Since I have school, I can't hit poker as hard right now, but here's my plan. Don't LOL at it [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] but make some suggestions [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

-----

Thanksgiving break - Read either "SnG strategy" by Moshman or "Kill Everyone" by Streib, and read it hard. Need to know which book is better to read in a 5 day span. And when I say read, I will read it like I do a textbook. Sheet of notebook paper and take notes. Highlight key facts. Read that [censored] hard.

Thanksgiving break to winter break - Donate plasma or something, and put in $100. Practice the concepts playing $5 SnG, and if I lose half of it, to go back down to $2. If I go on a nice run and hit $200, then move up to $10. I will attempt to be more disciplined with my bankroll management, trying to stay within the 20BB range.

Winter Break (1 month) - Reread book. Read the other book hard. After that, read both again. Continue to play, donate plasma again if on tilt. Read HoH 1 hard when I'm done with rereading the other books.

Winter Break until summer - play, play, play. Hopefully I have a decent ROI to continue playing, or donate plasma again. Review either book at the end of each month. Stay disciplined with my bankroll. Not the time to think "OMG I'm good at poker!". All about learning. Also have school, so this time is just making sure I don't lose what I have learned.

Summer - Review the other books, and read the HoH series hard. Then read them again an hour or two a day, and play, play, and play. Play home games, play bar tourney and the side games they have, just play a lot. If I get a decent bankroll, then invest in cardrunners.

After summer - pwn, find some other books to read, and repeat what I just did (hopefully at higher limits)

-----

So there it is. I figure it's better than what I'm currently doing, which is do well for a while, move up way too soon, freak out, then go on tilt. I would LOVE any suggestions and criticism.