View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 12:32 AM

Default Re: T9s trips river fold

I must say I am a little surprised that the vast majority of responders say that this fold is bad.

Normally I call in this spot, but I think I was swayed by the responses in PJ's recent "massive hero fold" where he folded the nut straight on the river getting 25:1 when I donked the rivered flush.

Shortly thereafter, I posted "massivish hero fold part two" thread where where I folded top two pair on the river getting like 25:1 where it was 'obvious' that my two pair was counterfeited.

In both of those threads, the overwhelming responses were 'that is a good fold', or 'easy fold', even though the OP in each thread was getting much better odds than I was in this particular hand.

I think the mistake I made in this hand was giving the player with donky-ish stats too much credit, as opposed to when PJ 'believed' that I had the flush every time because I am a "solid player" and played the hand exactly like a flush.

So, when you are in a spot like this vs a relatively unknown villain with donkeyish stats do you usually assign like 10-20% of his range to shenanigans?

River: CO bets, Hero folds, UTG calls.
Showdown: CO shows 55. Ship the pot to UTG's TT.

[censored] my [censored] you son of a [censored]! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Nothing tilts me like folding the winner.