View Single Post
Old 12-25-2006, 04:03 PM

Default Re: 50k Challenge reopened with higher stakes

[ QUOTE ]
To the contrary, because you are implicitly asserting the church's teaching is the primary factor here.

[/ QUOTE ]

No I'm not. The church's teachings are in complete contradiction of what is in the best interest of the health of these people.

[ QUOTE ]
It was fun to use that term "red herring" you learned in a 1 semester philosophy class wasn't it, even if you did use it wrongly?

[/ QUOTE ]
I've never taken a philosophy class. I've always used it in this way, but I'll definately look it up when I get a chance if you say I'm wrong.

[ QUOTE ]
Too bad you didn't learn enough to break an arguement (like your own) down into its constituent parts and see if it was logically formed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that is a very big assumption to make, considering what I have posted in this thread. I may not be formally educated in logic but your changing the subject to Nelson Mandela was obviously a dishonest tactic.

[ QUOTE ]
All of you logically challenged (or maybe you're just intentionally being dishonest and using logial fallacies as rhetoric to persuade the gullible)

[/ QUOTE ]

You shouldn't insult educated Christians.

[ QUOTE ]
are making the following case:

1) The RCC opposes condoms (true)

2) The use of condoms decreases the probability of transmission of the AIDS virus (true)

2) There are a great many deaths from AIDS in africa (true)

3) Therefore, the teaching of the RCC to not use condoms will increase the probability of AIDS transmission for those who accept these teachings but would have used condoms otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is what I am thinking.

p.s. You get to bent out of shape over disagreements. Relax a little and have a merry Christmas.