View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 07:51 PM

Default Re: [200nl] raylapsley observed hand, is his bluff here +ev?

Ray has had a bad two days and admits to being a little tilted at times. That might be his problem here. He certainly seems to base a lot of his game on winning pots without showdown and he does that by putting real tough decisions on his opponents if they give him even a hint of weakness or vulnerability.

I suspect Ray was trying to play a representation game here. His turn raise isn't massive but its the exact sort of raise a good player would make with a nut or near nut hand on that turn leaving a very easy shove for the river. The fact Ray's opponent called the turn doesn't always mean he'll call the river shove as ray generally should only be shoving strong hands. I think he's tried to represent the nuts from the turn onwards and been unlucky that his opponent had a must call hand on the river. For my money his opponent would have folded his hand on the river if he hadn't improved and may well have folded some two-pair hands as well.

I know from talking to Ray that his Poker EV green line is higher than his red and blue which means from time to time he's going to be thoroughly rumbled in a hand and made to look a little stupid.