View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 01:44 AM

Default Re: Big Pot River Decision

[ QUOTE ]
20-40

CO opens, button 3-bets, and I take a flyer from the bb with 22.

[/ QUOTE ]

meh. i fold there w/ 22.

[ QUOTE ]
CO caps it and both the button and I call.

*CO is a good, solid, thinking player who is capable of anything, but normally isn't too tricky. Button tries to play well, but just isn't there yet.

Flop comes 532 with two diamonds. I check, CO bets, button raises, I call, CO calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

i definitely look to get a LOT of bets in on this flop. overpairs and flush draws put in 4 bets here a lot of the time. give them that opportunity.

[ QUOTE ]

*Normally, I'd never slowplay here, but I wanted it to look like I'm on diamonds. I know button has an overpair, and wanted to find if CO had one too. Either way, I'm sure the turn is getting bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

but an A/K and even Q might slow people down. plus if a diamond comes it'll slow 'em down also unless they have the flush and then you're on the defensive (though you're still happy to get bets from high pairs 1 diamond...)

[ QUOTE ]

Turn is the Kd. Since, I played it like I had diamonds and there's no way I'm chancing it getting checked around, I bet. CO raises, button cold-calls, I 3-bet, CO 4-bets, button folds, I call.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree w/ that given previous streets.
[ QUOTE ]

River is a 4h. I check, CO bets. I....?

[/ QUOTE ]

ugh, you don't even beat an overplayed AAd anymore.

the only thing you beat is like QQd who is crazy and puts in the 4th bet there.

i'd reaaaaalllllly wanna fold this but in a pot this size, you might see AdKx enough or who knows what for a crying call on teh river.

Barron