View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 11:09 AM

Default Re: Official Stars Regulars Thread: Part II

You wouldn't fold top pair no kicker after 2 barrels and a value bet? really? The turn bet could have been bigger but it's still a touch more than 3/5ths pot. What's missing there are the timing tells, this guy was snap calling my bets which leads me to fire again and again.

the c/c on the 44 hand is largely the result of looking at my play and wondering if I'm playing my solid hands too fast. As I said early I'm yet to stack a guy for more than 60bbs in the last 8k hands, something that's probably resulted from trying a more TAG style. The other reason I chose not to lead the flop was due to board texture, that board is so dry I just can't see getting called frequently.

Turn bet is to try and induce a bluff (I'm not overly concerned about a villian with a 3) which is again a read based play as the table was 52% plrs to flop with a $15 avg pot. On a table that loose I expect people to throw money around and want to see if I can't encourage it. Not to be too results oriented, but can you see getting a shove from K6s with another line?

Look, these are not the best hands I've played, I admit that. I'm going back to a more LAG style as I seem much more comfortable (and profitable) with it. I used to be more like an 20/18 guy and I'm been grinding at 15/14 for a while now with lackluster results.