View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 12:34 AM

Default Re: The APPT Macau: The First Texas Hold’em Poker Tournament in China!

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info and I have an update, I have qualified for APPT-Macau on step 6 but I looked at the list of the nearest regional passport agencies and the closest is Chicago and I live in North Dakota. This would not be worth it for me to travel their just to expedite the passport. I also emailed stars about somehow selling the seat and they said it cannot be done no matter what. So tomorrow I will go to the passport agency in town and hope to get it here by the time I leave, which will be the 20th or 21st.

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I know, with the added requirements for passports for travel to Canada and Mexico, etc., you'll never get it in time through normal government channels, even expedited service.

However, there are companies who take your application in person and can turn them around in a few days to a week. They're pricey, but get the job done. I got new passports and China visas for six people this summer in a couple weeks. I used Travisa.

I've used them for multiple passport and visa issues over the years with a good success rate. (I did have one issue where my renewed passport came back to me listing my sex as male, when I'm actually female. Pretty sure the screw up was with the government, but they still should have caught it before it was sent to me.)

There are other similar services out there. This just happens to be the one I've worked with. Whoever you choose to use, read all the directions very carefully. Call if you have any questions, etc.

So, you can definitely get your passport in time, but it will cost you in fees.

Congrats on qualifying!