View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 04:46 PM

Default Re: To everyone bashing Pokernews

How is PN setup to cover the ME? Is it a few roving reporters who do the chip counts and report on the hands and each one uploads their own stories and counts to the main site? Or is there an editor who takes their reports and counts and sends it to the site?

If I were setting this up and money/space was tight I would prioritize by hiring a couple or reporters (for the later stages of the ME) who would write the hand reports and an editor who would consolidate the reports, edit typos, and who would have an assistant (volunteer)who would make the actual postings. This isn't difficult to do with laptops and accessible accounts. Chip counters should be experienced and should be able to send their counts to another person (volunteer probabaly) who would consolidate them, have a spreadsheet with built in formulas to calculate the difference between them and the total # chips in play to see if they are off by major amounts) and some macros to highlight any counts that deviate from their previous ones by a certain percentage so they can spot decimal errors quickly and before they are uploaded.