View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 02:44 AM

Default Re: NL50: 3 barrels against 2+2er

lets break the hand down a bit-

pf, your range is fairly wide, given your read of him, his range is somewhat narrow. his pt #s would lean more towards pp, some scs, AJ and the like. i think that he rr-es JJ+/AQ+ most times. still, ranges are undefined.

flop- your range is still very wide, you are betting this flop with whatever you raised pf with (whether that is good or not, is debatable). after he calls the flop we can narrow his range a little lower. we can take most all pps out (sometimes JJ will be there). KTs/KTo probably folds pf given your read/pf numbers. clubs and such are very possible (maybe T9cc).

on the flop, i think that most of his strong hands he's raising. but there is a small number of strong hands in his range here- as stated previously, AA/QQ both rr pf. AQ+ probably rr-es pf (though both could definitely be present and probably are in this hand). that leaves AJ and perhaps other lower aces (sometimes a suited ace or two). so i think that on the flop, villan has either a draw (sc/clubs/sometimes T9 or something dumb like that that is floating), a marginal hand like Ax and sometimes a pair+FD like KQ/JT.

turn- your range is a bit more narrow now too. this isn't the best board to double barrel on, the J changed little. i suppose that QJ/AJ/AA/QQ etc and all other premiums are still betting. i would put your range more weighted towards strong hands like AK/AQ/etc- still fairly strong. i suppose double barreling with KQ on this board is okay, its a semi bluff essentially and you SHOULD have some FE vs. some better hands. checking is obviously an option as well (probably folding to a bet).

his range on the turn? again, we can narrow it a bit further. i think that the draws he potentially could have would dump the turn due to reverse implied odds. its possible he's still continuing with T9cc or something like that but somewhat unlikely. Further, i think he's dumping his combos like QT/etc. also, his marginal hands like Ax are also dropping. Though he could think that he's now chopping (sortve dumb to keep calling to chop but meh).

his range on the turn i would most likely put him on stuff like Jx (whatever combos there could be, be it JT or something), two pair like AQ/AK, and some draws. in summary, i think that villan is pretty strong here.

the river, your line is super super strong. turning 2nd pair into a bluff against this opponent is something that is sortve meh imo. when nits clash, things get messy :P. i would put your range on a boat/straight/Jx/etc. i think you would typically check the river with AK and sometimes AQ.

villan should be folding most of his draws and most of his one pair hands like AK. i dont think that you're going to push him off a J.

in summary, this hand is sortve meh since both of your ranges are supposedly somewhat defined and i think that villan is pretty strong. i dont think he's folding and getting people to fold stronger hands is very good in general. meh.