View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 03:17 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/5 - 500k buyin - Spoilers expected)

[ QUOTE ]
BTW benyamine has major brass balls to play 72 that way. I mean the last guy on earth you want to bluff at is Jamie Gold. The only reason that bluff worked is Gold has absolutely zip and pip. I mean I don't see gold laying down even middle pair. The guy is the biggest fish alive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm actually not 100% sure about this.

If Jamie had say, hit the ten on the turn, I dont think he calls David's third barrel on the turn. This is because I feel Jamie doesn't have a proper sense of putting someone on a "range of hands". He likes to try to guess their hand exactly. He marginalizes situations (see AK hand against PH). He read David for either a massive hand (flopped set or JJ+), or a bluff. He floated the flop to determine the strength of David's hand through his turn betting. I also think he wanted to rep the flush/straight draw he claimed, and if it hit the turn, I'm sure he then may have deliberated a bit more heavily and may have tried to make a move. The jack was one of the worst cards possible for Jamie. So he insta mucks. I don't think a ten on the turn changes much. If he hits the ace, then I think he goes with it.

That's what I think anyway.