View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 02:58 PM

Default Re: Professional No-Limit Hold \'em Volume 1 Review Thread

Matt-

that was an extremely thought-provoking post.

To make sure I'm looking at what you are saying correctly, here's my summary (using the KK/66 hand):

We're not too worried if the button can show a small profit from set-mining us because there are going to be a ton of ways that he can make mistakes after the flop that we expect to profit from that more than makes up for it. Some of these mistakes are:

[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Trying to bluff us off our hand. (Actually we are likely to have an opportunity to induce a bluff).
[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Making a weaker top-pair type hand than ours.
[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Putting more money into the pot because he's not sure he's beat. (He might float with a pair and then fold when we make our committment bet).
[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Make a weaker overpair and stack off with it.

In fact, the fact that we are in a live game with pretty lose players makes the above even more likely.

I guess I wasn't thinking about it from that perspective.

Would you want to raise more preflop if you were in a tougher game or if you had specific information about your opponent? (Such as him being nitty and not putting a penny more into the pot unless he outflops you).