View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 11:04 AM

Default Re: Beat: Absolute is *actually* rigged (serious) (read me)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You can also hack into the server and modify your account or read other players' holecard data there somehow (e.g. sifting through RAM or tapping outgoing packets). This is how the Highlands breach was accomplished IIRC.

[/ QUOTE ]

link about highlands breach? i did searches on google no results

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question. It's briefly mentioned here and here, but I can't find any decent account of it. The story I heard was that Doyle (who endorsed the site at the time) was playing someone at heads-up limit, when he felt that he wasn't getting a fair game. He asked Highlands staff to check through the hand history logs and found a hand where the guy had had AQ vs doyle's 22 on the board AQ2 and played it as check call, check call, check fold. It was later found that the server had been compromised.

Don't really know if that's true or not. Not a lot of attention got paid at the time because Highlands was a pretty small and crappy site, the cheating was caught pretty quickly, and when the site went under Doyle reimbursed all the players out of his own pocket (even though he didn't have a stake in the site).