View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 02:45 PM

Default Re: How do you play the flop and turn against a good opponent?

[ QUOTE ]
The thing is that by 3 betting, the way he was playing, I would say my fold equity is very huge. do people really want to win the hand right here with the stacks this size? I had no history with him that he was going to play a draw for all his chips. And for all I know, he would read correctly that a 3 bet means aces here. I do know he is smart enough then to not give me action with a bad draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

blech.

one point to be made is that IF you don't 3 bet the flop, i feel you MUST check behind on the turn.

what range of hands do you feel he checkraises the flop with? certainly this is the most important aspect of this hand, and hasn't really been discussed yet. i don't know why he would be so quick to put you on AA, having been in a once raised pot preflop. I should hope you are putting a fair amount of money in here with a pretty good range of hands, and that if you're going to say he's folding a ton of stuff here to the flop 3 bet you at least have a range picked out for him, and possibly 3 bet every time he raises.