View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 03:29 PM

Default Re: New home donkament I can\'t seem to adapt to

Apart from just forgetting about this game, I do have some untested advice.

I would suspect that the golden hand in this game would be AK followed by AQ for multiway pots. For one or two opponents, I would add pairs from middle to higher. With 15-20 hands for an entire tourney, you don't have time to wait for sets, flushes and straights. Top pair and two pair are the hands you are going to have to push and hope for the best.

You are essentially going to have to play a shortstack game. So with those hands above, you are looking to get all your chips in. You can do this by limping and waiting for an expected raise, raising and moving in on any flop, or just moving in preflop. You'll have to decide which of those is best given your current stack and the play of the others.

I don't see any room for poker here. You are basically looking for a chance to double up and then sit tight until you can double up again. You may only need to win three hands to win this tourney.

I would fold most other hands except for some BB play looking for a miracle flop or limping in late position if you feel no raise is coming.