View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 11:33 PM

Default Re: jokes you\'ve made IRL that flopped

Today I was supposed to meet some people to check out a tenant space and I go in and ask for each of the three people on my list and all the receptionists there act as if they don't know who any of those people are...so it's a mix-up. Got that out of the way. So I figure I'll dial the numbers I was left with to try to contact these people I was supposed to meet.

One of the ladies I was supposed to meet was named Nancy or whatever and this girl was like "Nancy Johnson?...she used to work here YEARS ago...but she's dead now."

to which I said: "Well...let me give her a call." (Then realizing I was obviously calling some other Nancy who was on my list)...so it sounded funny that she said Nancy was dead and immediately I was like "Let me give her a call." SO, to add to the weirdness of it all, as I'm dialing I go "...See if I can bring her back from the dead..."

I stood there stoically as the phone was ringing and realized none of them were laughing so I sort of smiled and let out a "heh" and like 2 of the 4 girls laughed.

That was pretty insensitive of me. I don't think any of hte girls actually knew or worked with that lady though. They just knew "of" her...I hope. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]