View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 01:37 PM

Default Re: Optimal number of friends

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Its speaks volumes about istewert/gumpzilla that you guys think that friends are about social validation, or for people to think you are popular.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just as it speaks volumes about you that you decide to be a dick about it, particularly without looking at the context. If I were to go solely based on your posts, your friends appear to be there for sexual exploitation or to help you make money.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt mean to be a dick about it, but you said

"I think I felt a lot more need for the social validation, but acquiring a serious girlfriend eased a lot of that. "

whats taken out of context? when you were younger one of the main reasons you had friends was to validate yourself socially, correct? If I took something wrong, I apologize. Ive never felt this way, so maybe I dont understand it, but my friends are my friends because I enjoy their company, and I assume they enjoy mine. Its fun to be around your friends, I just assumed thats why everyone had them.

and maybe Im reading to far into it, but when I say "it speaks volumes", to me, it just means that you werent the most confident guy, possible not to socially adept, etc. It "speaks volumes" becuase it gives me a bunch of clues as to how you are/were in regards to social situations.