View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 06:16 AM

Default Re: Fool me once...fool me twice....Kelvin Sampson

[ QUOTE ]
senderoff is out

but, I'm not sure even having a fall guy is going to get them out of trouble

it appears things might get much worse tomorrow
[ QUOTE ]

Does any of the following apply to KS? This is part of the lack of institutional control definition.

8. A head coach fails to create and maintain an atmosphere for compliance within the program the coach supervises or fails to monitor the activities of assistant coaches regarding compliance. A head coach has special obligation to establish a spirit of compliance among the entire team, including assistant coaches, other staff and student-athletes. The head coach must generally observe the activities of assistant coaches and staff to determine if they are acting in compliance with NCAA rules. Too often, when assistant coaches are involved in a web of serious violations, head coaches profess ignorance, saying that they were too busy to know what was occurring and that they trusted their assistants. Such a failure by head coaches to control their teams, alone or with the assistance of a staff member with compliance esponsibilities, is a lack of institutional control. This is not to imply that every violation by an assistant coach involves a lack of institutional control. If the head coach sets a proper tone of compliance and monitors the activities of all assistant coaches in the sport, the head coach cannot be charged with the secretive activities of an assistant bent on violating NCAA rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no way they will hit a school who self-reported and self-sanctioned within 6 months of a minor violation with lack of institutional control. That is beyond silly.

Indiana will not get lack of institutional control, Indiana will not get a post season ban. Indiana will get further recruiting sanctions, and maybe the loss of some scholarships.