View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 03:35 AM

Default Re: Dating a poker pro- From the perspective of a non-playing girlfrie

[ QUOTE ]
And that she has to put it on myspace is just asking for a night of drinks with her friends where they tell her that she needs to find someone who can spend more time with her. And she'll be like "no, no, no" and they'll be like "yes, yes, yes," and you're going to have to deal with a situation sooner than later.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of her friends seem completely ok with the fact that she's with me, so I'd be suprised if this were to happen. But then again I don't really know her friends all that well, so who knows.

[ QUOTE ]

Your gf sticking close to you, in substantial part, because she thinks you're hawt and because you are doing something of a maverick sort of nature, which is also kinduv hawt for her. She digs that. But just wait until she hits close to 30 and wants to get settled down and have her man around on a more regular basis. You may need to consider making poker PT and getting a FT job. Believe me - having an FT when you are on a massive cooler is kinduv nice. I hate it because I feel like I'm missing value bets / bluffs that could compensate for my cooler, and that is in part because I miss afternoon tourneys and can't keep as sharp as I want because of work, but there is always 2+2. Unless you win a big one, that is. Race to a major win before serious committment issues fall into place? lol

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just two years out of college, and poker is allowing me to do things I really like to do, such as travel with my gf and see friends and whatnot. It is also financially more lucrative then any job I could possible have at this point in my life. I'll invest most of the money I'm making and save it for use later on in my life. When it comes to having a job to rely on if/when I'm in the midst of a massive cooler, well I have enough money put away outside of my poker bankroll to last me awhile, so even if I were to go "poker busto" I'd have ample time to get a job or maybe even go back to school if I felt like it.

All that being said, I'm not planning on playing for a living the rest of my life. I'm going to keep investing my money, and probably withing a few years I'll get a job or start something myself (or maybe go back to school). I'm happy where I am in my life, with my relationship, with the money I'm making and the freedoms poker has given me, so while I'm always keeping my eyes open for new opportunities, for right now it's good.