View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 06:26 AM

Default Re: Scammed by 2p2 account LerkEr...Beware

by the way guys, very recently i got scammed for 1k. i'll write a full report in the next could of days.

basically a lurker pm'd me for an xfer and he sent first.

he'd deposited from a fraudulant credit card, and i thought since hed send first it was ok. also a 2p2er whom i trust and actually met up with later (i lay no blame on him, and hes also agreed to give me half my losses since he did kinda vouche for the guy) had done xfers for a few k with this scammer in the past, and had no problems.

i'd jsut like people to be aware that you can do what would seem like logical precautions and still get [censored]. pls be more careful than I was, and from now on I only do xfers with people I know well.

edit: was real;ly annoying cos cake locked my account jsut before a donkament that I'd already registered for, and it took days to unlock. at one point they even accused me of being involved in the scam, which is obv ridiculous. again i place no blame on them, and am happy they acted so fast to lock the account of a suspected scammer although it meant hassle for me and i was worried for a bit i might not get my account unlocked.