View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 10:33 PM

Default Re: Ron Paul\'s Straw Poll Showing

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So, let me rephrase that. How's a campaign based around libertarian philosophy tacitly endorsing their supporters' usage of another campaign's resources?

[/ QUOTE ]

Their resources were voluntarily offered, no? Did Romney ask riders to first take a pledge to vote for him? If not, I don't see the conflict.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you don't understand ethical behavior or endorse unethical behavior. The context of the offer makes it obvious that it is offered to supporters without explicitly saying so, and acceptance of that offer implies support.

You silently hand your girlfriend a 2 carat diamond in a gold setting over a candlelit dinner with a violinist playing, with hope in your eyes.

She silently accepts the ring and you finish your romantic evening in silence and rapture.

The next day you want to discuss setting a date and she says "a date for what", "the wedding", "wedding????? I never said I would marry you". Did she behave ethically? (less importantly but indicative would Judge Judy force her to give it back because it was offered in contemplation of marriage? My wife, a Judge Judy expert, says unequivocally yes)