View Single Post
Old 08-21-2006, 07:51 PM

Default Re: Have I become too weak-passive/tight?

[ QUOTE ]
1: I don't mind calling with two 7's and some straight/flush possibilites. I'm seeing it cheaply and can easily get away from it playing from decent position. Are you raising the flop and folding to a reraise?

2: Why chase away another K that can hit a nice two pair so I can stack him? This is the safest flop ever. On the river, only two hands beat me (one very unlikely). You would never value bet that without a read? As for the pf raise, I usually only do that with a nice ds connector or AAxx with a short stack. Just my preference.

3: How often do you call on the river when something like this happens? I hate paying off draws and it seems when I do call, I always lose. This player was a regular, though, and I hate to seem so weak that bluffing becomes really profitable for my opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Yeah, fold to a reraise.

2. Not sure if she noticed that you had the flush. I can't see not value betting here. As for flop play, you'll often get extra value by making a raise here, not necessarily pot-sized. Someone with top two will probably call, but if an ace or something comes on the turn they'll be weary of putting much more money in the pot. It depends on the opponent - if you read them as weak, nothing wrong with calling and hoping they improve on the turn.

3. Rarely, but there are a lot of different situations, and you have to put the pieces together. When you pay off draws you give opponents the correct implied odds to suck out on you. Some opponents bluff the river often, but most of them do not.