View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 05:30 PM

Default Re: Poll: Most / Least like-able players at the WSOP FT

I agree with your assessment of Yangs strategy. I too watched the PPV and basically, my take was that he came out aggressive while everyone else was tight. Kept everyone off guard and off balance with varying sized raises. Put them on tilt to the point that Hilm wound up going broke on 5-8 and Watkinson on A-7. He built his stack by outplaying people and getting his money in with the best of it (with the exception of the 8J vs. Childs)... then, when he had the stack, he used it like the sword of Damoclese and terrorized the table. He consistently got his money in with the best of it and, had it not been for some bad beats, he would have won it some 6 hours earlier.

All Phil Gordon kept doing on the PPV broadcast along with his cronies was criticize and predict doom and gloom. It was annoying to listen to. I'm not sure which was more annoying to listen to - Gordon deathrooting him, or Yang praying to Jesus.

But I do know something for sure: If it was Allen Cunningham doing that, or Scotty Nguyen, he would have been yackling about what a genius they were sensing the situation and taking advantage of their weakness and how brilliantly they played the big stack, yada yada.

That notwithstanding, Yang is not a very likeable guy and, as predicted, we haven't heard a word from him or about him since July. He is completely unmarketable by the WSOP brand and they know it and they won't be able to make much bling from it - but he played well.