View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 04:43 PM

Default Re: Poll: Most / Least like-able players at the WSOP FT

i have yet to figure out what is so unlikeable about the new ME champ. so what if it's a bit annoying that he talks to jesus/god every big decision/hand. does that truly make someone unlikeable?

he treated his opponents and the game and tournament respectfully. it would seem that you donks refuse to like anyone, ever! i watched many hours of the ppv broadcast. i found it interesting that the pros that would visit with the hosts were getting theirselves all worked up that yang was playing way too aggressive and that he'd get caught. well, i guess he proved them wrong. he WON the tournament. he attacked the final table. we hear talk all the time that aggression is rewarded and yang obviously came up with a plan going into the final table that he'd either bust out and win 500k or he'd win it all. Yang did what, i think, most poker players would like to believe we'd be able to do.

if he had lost with the Jacks that he pushed childs off his queens with. would anyone really have anything to say about yang?

sounds like most posters dislike the guy because he had a good run. later, he accurately read that watkinson was shoving to get him out of the hand. his call with A9 can be criticized or you can give him credit for a good read.. or like me you can believe that he called to let the table know that this was HIS table and that he'll call any of their all in's with practically anything.

i saw this coming after the ppv. i knew when they showed this on espn you donks (more aptly nits) would criticize the guy.

you will never win a large tournament playing weak/tight. it seems that weak tight is the endorsed playing style here on this forum.