View Single Post
Old 09-29-2007, 01:44 PM

Default Re: Cool USA Today Presidential match game

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ron Paul doesn't want the government to decide marriages. He said this at the Value Voters debate that he wants government out of marriage and thinks it should be a church function. Abortion was pretty well covered by theseus. He doesn't want the federal government involved in abortions, but the states should be able to regulate it. He's a big Constitutionalist and defender of the 10th Amendment so that's why he thinks state government have that right. And that's consistent with basically all of his other views. It's not hypocritical at all and I don't see what his believing in God has anything to do with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

According to the USA today quiz, he says same-sex marriages shouldn't be allowed... and if he really wants it to be a church function- how is that NOT related to God? (Even though I never said it was.)

No one is saying abortions should be legal 1 second before birth, that's absurd.

Ron Paul is still awesome, but I think he'd be perfect if he'd change his Global Warming position (I don't trust the free market in that regard, maybe I'm wrong though) and immigration stance (not sure what to)

[/ QUOTE ]

The quiz got his same sex marriage stance wrong. He is against the federal government forcing states without same sex marriage to recognize same sex marriage in other states. He would never support an amendment banning same sex marriage. It is a state issue that the federal government does not need to intervene in.

[/ QUOTE ]

That moves him up a lil' higher [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]