View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 12:29 AM

Default Re: Damages!

Helio did in fact step it up for his samba. This dance was obviously in his blood. Great rhythm, and the best hip action of anyone, not just any man, in the competition. He got off rhythm just a hair in one spot, but this was his best dance yet. Aw. 27? I was pushing for him to get a 10 here. I guess they caught him getting off step.

Man, after a great start, Marie's cha cha footwork was terrible. Her New Yorkers were very awkward, and her cha cha locks were shaky -- she needed to bring her feet together in them. Her performance was good, but man, I'm shocked that the judges didn't comment on her foot placement. I think now it's Marie's turn to be thankful for a 24. That also looked like it should get a seven or two.

Mel got paso. Katy should like this dance, because it'll be a great opportunity to watch Maksim being very masculine. Mel looked sharp here. She could still stand to tuck her hips under her more, but the judges aren't really taking off for having typical ballroom posture rather than the exaggerated paso posture. Well, it seems that Mel may be jumping to fill the void left by Sabrina with another perfect score. She earned it.

DQDW dances cha cha, and I was still underwhelmed. Her footwork and foot placement was better than Marie, but she's lacking the crispness and quickness and foxiness that she needs to take her to the next level. Len is right that she's missing the fireworks. I think her 26 was a little generous. I was thinking 24-25.

To my surprise, Jennie did better in her rumba than in her VW. She still needs to have better extension in her arms, but her character was much better. Her footwork was solid, and her hip action, while not quite up with Helio, was also good. I think the 28 with a 10 from Bruno is exactly what she earned here. Bruno is always who's more likely to give a 10 for sexy.

Wow. I was fully expecting to be disappointed with Cameron's jive, but he rocked the house. He's got some of the best kicks and flicks of any star on this show to date, and he was even pointing his toes. A great finish, too. His leap was cool, and then Edyta's surprise flip to polish it off looked great. Aw, I think his 27 was a little low here. I would have liked to see him get a 10 or two for this. I guess the middle of the dance wasn't as quick or energetic as some jives, but it was still a pleasant surprise from Cameron.