View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 08:08 AM

Default Re: What if someone flips the table?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Really such an unlikely scenario that I doubt anyone would really be too concerned with your ruling in this case.

[/ QUOTE ]

unlikely scenario? umm no

[/ QUOTE ]

uummm.... yes. How many games have you been to where someone flipped the table?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, story time. I was referred to deal a 2-5nl game in north GA probably 2yrs ago, and had a table flipped on me by the 5 seat. Long story short, everybody saw the escalation coming and I kinda eyeballed the few stacks in direct view, and braced for impact (table slammed me in the crotch more or less). Immediately after guy let go of the table he was "assisted" out the front door head-first.

Once that was settled, the players came back to the table, and it was basically a "I know you had 1400 and another half-stack of red"....etc etc, and maybe 300ish got tossed around between the 6 remaining guys until everyone was satisfied. they found $30 on the floor and agreed to give that to me, I was unsure if it came out of the rack or the table, but the host told me not to worry about it. Come to think of it, the hardest part was probably that I hadn't shipped this ~3500 pot before this table was at a 80 degree angle. End of the night, we were $30 short (from the floor tip obv) and host said keep it.

Strange thing being, these guys have all known each other almost their entire lives, and the offender in this instance is one of the nicest guys I have ever met, just lost his mind the first night I see him......