Thread: One Big Session
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 12:00 PM

Default Re: One Big Session

I also really put this together around 100k hands. Hmmmmmm.

But I consider it a huge breakthrough in my game. Moving from 'conceptually' knowing that its one long session and short term results are not important, to knowing through experience and in my gut that even when I'm playing great I can lose, A LOT, and just keep playing. I'll get it back.

In fact, I just realized it while writing this post, but I'm in the middle of my biggest downswing ever (by $$) and I don't give two [censored]s. I lost about 25% of my roll last week, but I'm so cocomfortable with variance that I just studied up and kept playing. No angry outbursts, no beating myself up over it, no smashing anything. I just started reading some new books, hit 2+2, shifted my money around to get a new bonus, and kept on playing.

This was one of two big breakthroughs I had in the last month regarding my game. The other was finding real leak for the first time (not learning new concepts, strategies, or skills and incorporating them into my game, but actually identifying a sytematic flaw in my game that was costing me EV). Truly understanding the luck involved I consider to be, by far, the biggest advance I've made so far.