View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 01:20 AM

Default Re: Funny and/or Effective Quips to Problem Players

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, right after that and right before I had the floor come over to explain it to him, he said one of those "I've been playing longer than you've been alive" type of comments, which I ignored. Five minutes too late, I thought: "I'd have thought in all that time you'd have learned to behave like an adult."

The table also didn't like this guy, so I think that'd have helped a lot (or at least gotten me a talking-to by my boss), so I gotta remember it for the future. Anyone have other situations/comments they've seen or would like to? How well did it work to actually diffuse the situation?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're just screwed here. From your other posts I think you deal on the Gulf Coast? Old southern white guys just don't respond well to "whippersnappers" telling them what to do, right or wrong. I don't think I've ever seen this situation work out well from a player perspective since the old guys who blow this kind of smoke are always donators. From a dealer perspective, I suppose getting the guy 86'd might work if the players don't get pissed about you running off a donator.

Hopefully the players carry the dipstick's toke weight when you run into this BS through no fault of your own. I know the BR and NO regulars do at 2/5 and above.