View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 04:18 AM

Default Re: Petition for attention of FTP

FTPSean, thanks for the post. It seems that a thorough investigation was done in respect of the sillysal saga and I hope you continue to root out all cheaters and confiscate their funds then ban them in the future.

From reading the sillysal thread you will see I was asking for people to stop the FTP bashing and let the investigation complete before posting wild accusations criticising your site and blindly supporting sillysal. However, there are obvious failures in FTP’s communication procedures and it is good to see these will be addressed. It is this aspect that prompted me to ask for this petition to be started.

I am still very unclear how a player can counter claims against them. The silllysal case became very high profile and I am comfortable that a full investigation was completed. What troubles me though is that if the amount seized was smaller and lower profile how can we present a case of innocence and be confident that an impartial review will be done.

You have agreed to immediate information – good. It is surely the minimum that should happen and I cannot see how FTP thought any differently.

I realise that each investigation will be different and an accurate timescale is difficult but some basic information would be appreciated. You must have completed many investigations and have a reasonable idea of “normal” times for specific “charges”. If complications arise then we will all accept that extended time will be necessary.

You are correct in saying that we want a complete investigation and not rushed. This would only lead to mistakes. However, people under investigation feel they are in a black hole and don’t know what is happening.

I hope FTP does improve and obviously time will tell. Communication is key and one of the major reasons PokerStars get top marks. Take their lead because a strong FTP is needed. I wish you well.