View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 12:21 PM

Default Re: What do I do about a card marker?

Next tournament, I would make a statement before it starts. This statement wouldn't accuse any person nor would it even mention cheating.

Simply state that last tournament some cards were marked up. You would like all players to be very careful and respect these fairly expensive cards. Also, you would want all players to watch for any cards that have marks and bring it up right away.

I am willing to bet with 99% certainty that there will be no marked cards at the end of that tourney.

I honestly believe that just mentioning it to the group and asking everybody to be more careful and watch out for any damaged cards will be enough to stop this guy in his tracks. And really, it may just be a case of a guy trying out something. I mean did he really get into a hand where a marked card affected his decision? I'm betting it just a guy testing the waters and now you've basically told him we notice so it ain't gonna work.

Realistically, is this a professional cheat who is out to win your tourney or a guy who got a bad beat and is farting around with getting even somehow?

Of course it's always great to weed out a bad apple but it's also good to nip a guy in the bud and set him back down a path of integrity.

And for Godssakes, let us know how this turned out.