View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 06:31 PM

Default Re: Dean Video: Bluff vs Llama

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Further, the reason any 4 gets fastplayed "99% of the time" is because the villian is going to check behind so much on this turn (with a hand that has any s.d. value). IMO, once villian bets the turn he either has a pair or he has a hand with no sd value at all. I think that makes a c/r with no pair the worst possible option.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this logic is wrong, and the reason a 4 is fastplayed is to encourage people to a) play back and b) call down lightly.

and lol@ checking behind AT, have you ever known a very good high stakes player to do this consistently? the reason good players cant do this is because a player who consistently checks behind everything on this turn will get eaten alive by people who peel with anything. you are essentially letting a player like me to see 2 cards for 1SB in a 5.5SB pot. and are giving up on a pot when you don't have A high.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree quite a bit. On the vast majority of flop of course you are betting a turn with ace high. But on this particular one I think it is a significant mistake. I'm not going to get into a whole discussion about it, but lets just say I am quite confident the logic you presented doesnt not apply in this case. Additionally, if my opponent was a player that would peel with total trash on this flop and be willing to make a play at it, I would know it. Of course, if I think I can bet the turn to induce a bluff and call down profitably, I would do do. However, I definitely do not think that is the case vs your average opponent.

Finally, I am never giving up a 5.5 BB pot. If I didn't have a hand I was calling a river lead with, I would always bet the turn. Of course villian will bet the turn with JT.

As far as the fast play, I agree with the reasons you stated. They are not however mutually exclusive from my reason - all three play in.