View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 05:58 PM

Default Re: do you chop? no, i prefer to play my five deuce offsuit, kthx

lol. Sorry, all the time I was assuming a 4SB pot on the flop (like the "normal" HU pot is). Still, if he has 12 outs total over two streets and can assume that he often gets a free card on the turn, that call isn't bad. A raise is often better though, as will happen frequently if you routinely bet any hand down to bp.

And, no you won't have the best hand "way, way often enough", esp. if villain limps basically his whole range pf. He's ~40% to hit the flop with a pair. If the board is somewhat drawy, he'll have a piece even much more often (up to 70% btw.). So you basically never win it with a single bet. Besides that, he'll pick up a pair (let alone a good draw or make his draw) 12% of the time on the turn. Thus, more than half the time he'll have a pair better than yours. Include the times he tries to be tricky-trappy with a monster, raises you on flop or turn with a draw (both of which make your hand pretty much unplayable) or is just letting you bet his MPnK for him, it's a very definitive NO!

There's simply none (to very little) value in betting bpnk. Against an aggro guy you'll either be winning small pots and lose big ones (or be raised off the best hand), and generally win much more by inducing bluffs.
Against passives, you'll (too) often bet their hands for them.