View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 05:55 PM

Default Re: do you chop? no, i prefer to play my five deuce offsuit, kthx

[ QUOTE ]
now, can we please talk about the river decision? villain's line simulates what a donkey would do with a big hand (trips or a straight or a set, maybe AA or KK). this guy didn't seem like a donkey; he seemed more like someone who was trying to play well (i will be aggressive and win mobnies!) but just wasn't very good.

trips are a monster in a hu pot, especially considering the metagame considerations of my refusal to chop. still, i have the worst possible kicker and i have shown nothing but strength. can i really raise the river? fold or call if 3bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going back to my original response, Tyler. This belongs in the NC thread, and you're making yourself sound even more nOObish with this, "Please don't talk about the previous streets, just answer my damned question about the river you [censored]," noise. "This guy seemed to be trying to be good," further, sounds like you're just trying to stir the pot to make the river decision more interesting...his line doesn't make any sense pretty much regardless of what he has unless he's holding an overpair (not 77) or the case deuce, and puts you on something like A4 that'll be scared to bet the river. But you're a TAG, you value-bet rivers all the time, so he isn't going to be worried about it checking through.

(Here's another way of looking at it: if you had 52o in the BB, it folded to the SB and he had just completed without offering you a chop, would this hand still be interesting?)

As to the river, who cares? It's one bet either way in a 7-bet pot. If you can't fold to a trey, just call his bet and show him what a genius you are for never chopping.

Edited to add: now I breathlessly await Babar's beratement of my beratement of Tyler.