Thread: $4 180 AQs oop
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 12:00 PM

Default Re: $4 180 AQs oop

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
personally I never shove this because I am not afraid of flops or playing people post flop... so I am fine with how you played this... and with effective stacks a re-raise is awkward and a shove is a huge overbet that is preety massively exploitable athough probably not recognizable as such by the majority of tournament players...

[/ QUOTE ]
The pot is 1100!! That is more than a third of your stack!! A shove is not an overbet at all!! It's not at all exploitable!! Most of the time, there's a reason why super standard things are super standard.
Now, if we had twice as many chips, then we'd have an awkward stack size where a shove would be a bit of an overbet, but a normal raise (with 1 caller & OOP, standard deep stacked is) to 5x (2000) would pretty much commit us (getting just about 2:1 if someone shoved on us). Then we can consider calling & seeing a flop may be the most +EV line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
2 folds, MP1 raises to t400, MP2 calls t400 , 2 folds, Hero calls t300, 1 fold.

Missed the call which obviously makes the shove fine... wouldnt have seen this at all if it werent for your 1100 pot comment which allowed me to go back and see what I missed...