View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 09:37 AM

Default Re: Party Poker is up to Something ... which D$D has inside scoop on

[ QUOTE ]
If they have easy deposit options they will deposit. Party worked for the average person somehow someway. You can't just dismiss their branding success. Stars would be #2 again in 2 weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a publicly traded company if "they" have an easy deposit method, they would face tremendous new competition in the US.

As you state, PP has some value from their "branding" and may regain some market share upon their return. However the longer they wait the economic value diminishes. Additionally if they follow the "wait for clearly legal" corporate strategy they will face increased competition.

I never really cared for PP, but I have spoken to quite a few former PP lovers in the US. A good number have left the on-line market. Some seem quite pissed off at being "abandoned".

IMO the only people really looking forward to PP's return are serious grinders who hope the multitude of fish will return and they will not have to keep playing the tight rocks that currently populate on-line poker.

I play poker because I enjoy the mental challenge, to me it is not much different than reading Constitutional Law texts or "The Universe" series on the Discovery channel. I'm sure if I had an economic incentive my perspective would change. As such I think I can see the "fish's" perspective more clearly than those with other motives.

Just a donk's opinion,

D$D