View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 06:57 PM

Default Re: the process of de-evolution has begun

[ QUOTE ]
3. A significant part of IQ has a non-genetic basis.

[/ QUOTE ]
What does that have to do with the OP's point?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A significant part of IQ has a genetic basis.

[/ QUOTE ]
What studies are you basing this on?

[/ QUOTE ]
Twin studies, family studies, the high heritability of frontal gray matter, the existence of sex-based inheritance, and more. All indicate a significant portion of IQ has a genetic basis.

[ QUOTE ]
http://iq-test.learninginfo.org/iq03.htm

[/ QUOTE ]
Probably not the best source of unbiased information. The site doesn't load for me, so I can't comment further. Environment does play a part, but not as large as these articles indicate, and certainly not at such a late stage in development. That's just silly.

Also, these were children who were severally emotionally and intellectually deprived. They certainly don't represent an average case or even a typical low class case. These studies are as stupid as me rounding up 100 starving, chronically malnourished Africans whose growth has been stunted by malnutrition and disease, and bringing them to America. THEN publishing findings that good food can increase height by 40%! The fact is that these things don't scale at all to people who have typical Western nutrition (or a typical Western childhood environment)