View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 08:54 PM
 is offline

Default Raising Questions

I have two questions on raising that I could not find an answer to in the genral rules I found. Any info would be appreciated.

1. To raise a players bet ,I was under the impression that you had to double that players bet. Meaning the whole bet,

Ex. if the blinds are $25/$50 and a player makes the bet $75. For you to raise you would have to make it $150 correct?

In a discussion the other day some players I was playing with said that you only had to raise as in the above example the amount over the bb, which was $25 making your raise from the bet a tottal of $100 [$50bb + (25x2)] which was twice the amount over the bb + the bb.

I was always under the impression it was just double whatever the bet was. Am I correct?

2. Also another question I have, I believe has to do with tournaments but is not a rule in cash games. Im not sure how this rules is but below is a situation where it occured. Details on action is not %100 correct so please bare with me.

During a live tournament that I was in the other day a situation arose that I did not understand. I am not complete on the information as the hand went down.

There was three players involved in the hand and somehow there was a bet then a raise then the third player pushed all in. The first player called and the second player tried to push all in but was told he could not.

This has happened on stars once or twice but I never bothered saving the hand history to see if I could figure it out.

I searched online for texas hold'em rules and basically found the same general outlines rules that didn't dig into details.

If anyone has any information on the rule, it would be appreciated.