View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 08:23 PM

Default Re: Stud hi - KK in hole vs probable flushdraw

If villain had a split pair of nines, he's prolly coming in for a raise on third, given he's just got a 7, 2, and another nine left to act, so I think we can safely discount that. His weak action on 6th indicates he almost certainly wasn't betting a pair of jacks on 4th. So I think we can safely put him on a flush draw (the fact that we have the A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] also makes his bet on 5th more likely to be a c-bet than betting a pair of aces).

So now I guess the only question left to ask yourself is, what does the villain think of you? On 4th, your play looks like a pair of nines, but your raise on 5th might make him think you slowplayed aces up there. Do you think he'd put you on aces up or just a pair of nines that read his hand and wanted to punish his draw?

If you think he'll put you on aces, then I don't think he'll call 7th without anything that beats aces up. If you think he's got you on nines, then I think a b/f on the river is fine. If you don't like the b/f line because you think the other players in the game will exploit it and bluff you later on, then I'd suggest finding a different 3/6 game, because I've never played in one where I had to worry about that.